Microsoft Word is one of the world’s most popular software applications. Although first released decades ago, the number of feature sets, ease of use, and the overall power of this productivity tool has continued to increase. This free online course will assist Microsoft Word users to make the switch from earlier versions of Word to the more advanced 2010 version. Word 2010 allows for more customization of the work space and creates an easier work flow when creating more complex documents. This course will introduce all the new aspects of Word 2010 including the new Backstage view, the Navigation Pane, the customizable Ribbon, formatting text and images together, live collaboration, saving your document to the cloud, and much more. This course will be of great interest to all Microsoft Word users who wish to increase productivity and enhance their document presentation without increasing their work load. For those who happily use older versions of Microsoft Word, particularly 2003 and 2007 versions, the new feature sets of Microsoft Word 2010 will be a revelation. You will get an excellent return of your time and energy by spending time updating your word processing skills via this free online course. For those of you who have completed ABC IT, our comprehensive introductory computer course, the MS 2010 Word course is the perfect next step.
To qualify for your official iLearnHubs Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments. A link to purchase your Diploma certificate will then appear under the My Certificates heading of your your account page.
- Familiarity with the new layout and interfaces of Word 2010;
- Knowledge of the new formatting features in Word 2010;
- Ability to complete basic functions of Word 2010;
- Use the Navigation Pane to manage headings and find objects and text;
- Create visually effective content without using other software;
- Manage Header and Footer content and update page numbers and dates;
- Insert complete Table of Contents for large documents;
- Create easily assessable documents for e-reader software;
- Understand the shortcuts and useful features of Word 2010;
- Comfortably use keyboard short cuts with Access Keys and Key Combos